Escapism

I have less than a 100 pages to go before I finish reading 'Never Let Me Go'. The next book that I will be reading is 'Agnes Grey' which belongs to my kid brother. It will be the fourth book that I have read since the semester holiday had started. The first two books were non-fiction. I'm currently exploring different genres of books. I have recently changed my mind about novels. Although they are fiction, it feels pleasant to be imagining myself being in the settings of the story. My form of escapism. It's entertaining and educating at the same time. Entertaining because of the story, educating because of the language and vocabulary. I guess I have utilized my semester break quite productively, apart from working out almost daily. I have four weeks of holiday to go. It's better to continue doing this sort of activity while it's still the semester break. When the new semester starts, finding free time just to read a favourable book without any hesitation and to be able to finish the book in just a short period of time just seems almost impossible to do. 


"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles W. Eliot

Comments