Marriage


I'm 20. I don't have any clue what marriage is like. Most of my friends from secondary school are now stepping into the marriage life. Some of them even already have children of their own. All I know is marriage is the thing that bonds a man and a woman officially for the love that they feel for each other. But sadly, many marriages these days end up in divorce. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I'll pray so that it doesn't happen. 

My inspiration for a wonderful marriage? My parents. I admire their responsibility & love for each other. Like I've mentioned in one of my posts, I want a husband who is like my dad - a disciplined Christian who is in love with God, has a well-planned future and respects women. I've met few of them, but maybe God hasn't given me the right time and right situation yet. I can only keep on praying.

Now, I bet some of us have the dream marriage ceremony that we have always dreamed of. My dream marriage ceremony will be held in a church and also in a ballroom. Well, we've seen pretty much of that if you live in a city. But that is how I wanted it to be. Is it too early to dream? I think not. Been dreaming of this since I was a teenager. Haha.

My age target for being married? 28. But then, only God has the specific answer. I can only plan. I know my future husband and I will have to endure many things in order for us to reach the altar. I'm sure we'll have many problems but with love and prayers as our base, I'm sure everything is manageable.

-As the Scriptures say, "A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." Ephesians 5:31

Comments