Intellectual humility

Conversations with a friend earlier today made me realize that many people around us have a lot of knowledge regarding what they're passionate about (politics, social issues, religion, etc)or regarding their field of work. But very few people express a sense of humility when engaging with others regarding those topics.

I think humility should be placed first in line before sharing what you know in order to prepare yourself to be presented with insights that you may have not thought of or knowledge that you may have not known before. 

Personally, a quality that I would value in a person would be intellectual humility and not intellectual arrogance.

Your amount of knowledge will indeed impress me, but your approach in expressing your insights and knowledge will determine whether or not you deserve my respect. All the best.

Comments