Hate is such a strong word...

1:10 PM

How many times have someone done something wrong to you and you feel very angry up until the point where you feel very revengeful? I bet most of you have experienced this including me. People will surely do something that would make us angry and sometimes we feel like want to punch them in the face. Too angry. It's like we will not ever forgive that person. I've been in that position. Took me years to forgive that person and I'm still trying. Whenever I hear that person's name, the feeling of hate will start to emerge. It's bad, I know. But the words of God always reminded me...

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," - Matthew 5:44

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you," - Matthew 6:14

"And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” - Mark 11:25


"Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him." 
- 1 John 3:15

Being revengeful towards a person doesn't make us look strong or tough. I must admit that I'm just a weak human being that needs help from God whenever & wherever...


What God won't accept is when we wish evil on a person or hope that he will be condemned to hell.
- Anthony Destefano

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe