Book of interest

11:51 PM


I've started reading a novel. I have mentioned before that I'm not really a big fan of novels - fictional novels to be exact. I've downloaded another ebook online. It's called 'Leah' written by J.M Reep. Not quite popular I assume but I just gave it a go. I'm currently in the 4th chapter and I'm still not amused. Is it because of the fact that I knew the book was fictional and it made me unamused since the beginning of the story?

An exception to fictional novels - I'm more interested in novels that are of Christian literature. It builds me up & inspires me as a Christian even if it's fictional. For example, 'A Walk to Remember' by Nicholas Sparks. I'd never read the book but watched the movie multiple times! A popular quote from the movie which was actually a verse from the Bible:

"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful." 
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

As you can see the picture above, all of them are Christian-related books. I'm currently reading the top one. 

Next up, a biographical memoir should be added to my book shelf. It's non-fictional and it's interesting to be in the writer's shoes while reading the book. A memoir that I'm currently eyeing on - 'Teacher Man' by Frank McCourt.

By the way, MV Logos Hope is in K.K! I'm looking forward to browse the books in that ship! Currently waiting for my brother to come back from KL so that we can go together.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe